Friday, November 4, 2011

It seems life is a series of battles, always good against evil or provision against poverty or disease against health. In ones youth you go to bat with energy, vim and vigor. Yet as the battles continue and the years go by one tends to slow down and tackle each skirmish with as much wisdom and stamina as possible.
So it is this November 2011. I thought I was done with my battles with Cancer, but a MRI this week said otherwise. I guess my old enemy was trying to hid out under some old scar tissue from the battle wounds of 2009. So this Monday Richard and I go to see a new Doctor. Her name is Dr. Amanda Wheeler. It is our second visit and we are impressed with her and trust her judgement. She is a new addition to Portland, a great asset as she is trained in both traditional and complimentary medicine. Her complete practice has one focus, Breast Cancer. She seems compassionate and wise. Her dream is to start a pilot program in Oregon to blend the two disciplines together. So we will go to her and plan out our war strategy for this current battle.
It seems the stakes are a bit higher the second time around. Yet God is my commander and chief, and above all else I look to Him, rest in Him and listen for His wisdom. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. It would be a great encouragement if you want to leave a note of cheer. Friends and family mean so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment