Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I have done a lot of "Life Review" this week. I had a long visit with my surgeon and another new Doctor a Dr. Patton, he works in radiation. So I got to thinking about all the activities, interests, things I want to yet do in my life. I love writing poetry, feeding my goldfish, going for long walks, reading books with Richard, visiting with my children, having lunch with my friends.
So the next question is, would I want to risk all of that and try to keep a body part I don't really need? I recall the joy of breast feeding my three children and I am thankful for that but as I turn 59 on December the 1st I realize that is only a sweet memory from the past.
So Richard and I had a long talk and we both agreed in order to protect our special times together it seems wise not to be overly focused on looks or appearance. In light of that thinking I have agreed with the strong recommomdation from all three of my Doctors to go ahead with a Masectomy on my left side. Richard will take me to check in next Wednesday November the 16th at 5:30 am at Legacy Good Samaratian Hospital where I will have surgury at 7:30 am. Please pray that we will both keep our focus on God's presence and peace. I may be in the hospital one to two days.
The next decision in treatment will deprend on the pathology reports that will come out about one week after surgury. I am thankful for today, the air was so crisp and clean when I stepped out this morning.
A friend from my college days reminded me of the anthem at our Bible School and I close with the lyrics.

I don't know about tomorrow
I just live from day to day
And I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to gray
And I don't worry about my future
For I know what Jesus said
And today He walks beside me
For He knows what lies ahead
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to under-understand
But I, I know, I know, I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds, who holds my hand
Oh yeah, yeah, yes, hey, yes
Who holds my hand

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Glenna, my heart is with you. Hey the library in Sandy is getting close to finished, They are done with the demolition part and starting the new front entrance, it's going to be so pretty, Can't wait to take you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite sure how this works, my past comment wasn't posted but I do want you to know that my prayers are with you before the throne of the most gracious Father of all. He is the Father who knows us completely, who chose us before the foundations of the earth, who formed us in our mother's womb. He delights in giving us good things and we can come boldly to that throne knowing His ear is always open to our cries. I cry out for you and Richard at this trying time with assurance that God will do good for you and all who love Him all the days of their lives.

    ReplyDelete