Monday, January 25, 2016

     January 25,2016
     My life has been broken into segments for too long.  It seems I have been fighting cancer forever even though it has been six years. Like a pie cut in unequal pieces, cancer has taken too big of a slice.  I want the other slices back in balanced portion, my art, poetry, gardening and hiking.
     I have been called "Stage Four" since 2011. I hate that title, it make me feel like I am suppose to hurry up and die.  However I continue to choose life, joy and love.
     I am glad I have been able to teach a class on spirituality and art. I am pleased that I continue to watch dogs for my "Pet Fix" through Rover.com.

 I am honored to be the facilitator for a Breast Cancer Support Group through an organization called Breast Friends.


    I am blessed to have a wonderful husband that loves and accepts be as I am. He is so patient, helping with the housework on days I don't have the energy. He has learned to wear the hat of caregivier and husband,it is not easy for him.
     God had granted me breath and life for today, to laugh, and love and I am so thankful.

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful blog by a beautiful person. it's so nice to meet you, Dawn. Cancer can be a lonely journey and I am glad you are writing and sharing the experience. I love your words and will continue to read about your journey. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my; I gave up on my blog. I guess I got depressed, thought nobody reads it, no body cares. I'm not even sure why I opened it yesyerday.Partially it was just to see if it was still there.
      That and it was a very dark day for me. As I begin 2018 I begin my tenth year of fighting breast cancer. I have been stage four now since 2012. So as I begin another year, the war continues, the squirmishes are getting more intense. The bone mets seek to set houekepping now in my skull, left hip and shoulder, ribs and spine. My Christmas "gift" was to learn they have infltrated a soft organ.
      Yesterday I stood at the bathroom sink watching my hair fall out and I realize how very very tired I have become, This fatigue is so intense it can almost drop me literally to the floor. Yet..yet ... I SO WANT TO LIVE.
      TO FIND YOUR KIND RESPONSE THIS MORNING WAS IN MY EYES A MIRACLE FROM GOD. No one understands the beautiful power of a gentle word and a caring Heart!!! Thank you ....Thank you for offering me a glimmer of hope... I am not alone. Dawn

      Delete
  2. Have just re-read your blog posts, Glenna. God has blessed you with a wonderful ability to express yourself poetically. Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reading my blog. It's been a long time since I've written on it. I guess I got discouraged and felt like it didn't really matter. This January I begin my 10th year of fighting breast cancer. The war is more difficult. The skirmishes more intense. However I am committed to life. Whenever I hold one of my grandchildren in my arms I know the effort is worth it. Dawn

    ReplyDelete